Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DIY Fall Fun Desserts

A little last minute DIY desserts ideas... Yesterday when I went to the grocery shop I stopped to pick up some pop-tarts for my fiance and found out that they have become really fancy these days! They had all types of yummy flavors, that seriously I wanted to bring a box of each of them home. I usually don't eat them and it's prob because my fiance only gets "chocolate" everything! and that what's my only interaction with them in the past...but not anymore after tasting the Frosted Pumpkin Pie Limited Edition flavor! 
YUM :)



I know you're prob thinking..."How in the world am I suppose to give Pop-Tarts to my guests for dessert?" so simple... you make a few changes and voila! 

Presentation says it all...so here 2 ideas for an easy to make and really tasty sweet after your guests are done with Thanksgiving feast.


PopTarts Dessert Idea Take 1


All you need is a small cookie cutter. I used a Heart shaped one 2" for bite size.

Place PopTart in a cutting board and cut mini PopTarts with your cookie cutter. Place them in a microwave safe tray and warm them up just for a few seconds before serving...noone will be able to tell what they really are!

The best part: The really taste like a pumpkin pie! They look beautiful with pumpkin filling and perfect frosting on top...your guests will think you spend hours baking these cuties. Everybody will love them...

I was able to get 4 mini hearts out of each PopTart, this means 2 dozens for the whole box!

 So cute!


PopTarts Dessert Take 2

 Pumpkin Pie PopTarts a la Mode

(This recipe comes on the back of the box! )
  • 1 Kellogg's® Pop-Tarts® Frosted Pumpkin Pie toaster pastries Limited Edition
  • 1 cup reduced-fat frozen vanilla yogurt
  • Fat-free caramel ice cream topping, toasted pecan pieces, and/or cinnamon (optional)

Directions

1. Coarsely break KELLOGG’S POP-TARTS FROSTED PUMPKIN PIE toaster pastry into pieces.

2. Place frozen yogurt in 2 dessert bowls. Top with toaster pastry pieces. Drizzle with ice cream topping or sprinkle with pecans or cinnamon, if desired.
Enjoy!!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com