Hello my dear bakers out there!
Today we have a recipe that will be perfect for this vicious winter...here in the East Coast!! If you live in this area you know exactly what I am talking about, if not just check the news we just have snow after snow over us :(
So for these cold days let's bake some Maple Pecan Oatmeal Cookies...YUM!
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 20 min
1 cup old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
9 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon)
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoon boiling water
1 teaspoon maple extract
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
1. Heat oven to 300F. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, coconut, flour, sea salt, sugar and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, maple syrup and corn syrup. Heat until the butter has melted. Remove pan from heat and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the baking soda with the boiling water. Immediately stir this mixture into the melted butter until combined. Add the maple extract; stir all ingredients into the oat mixture. Fold in (optional) pecans.
4. Form dough into balls, about 3 tablespoons each and place the balls about 3 inches apart on prepared baking pans. Slightly flatten each of the balls.
5. Bake cookies until golden brown (about 20 minutes). Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
These are delicious!! ...Try them today