Candy Corn is a Halloween classic, so it is a no brainer to make a Candy Corn inspired cake for your Spooky Party!!
It's really easy, you can make it the day before your party!
You will need:
2 Vanilla Cake rounds (I used 8" cake pans)
4 cups of vanilla buttercream
Food coloring gels (orange, yellow and black)
1 cake stand
Small spatula (if you don't have one, you can use a butter knife)
Pastry bags or zipploc bags
1. Place one of the 8" round cake on your cake stand and topped with buttercream (this will be the filling of the cake).
2. Place the second 8" round cake on top of your iced cake to form a 4"-5" high cake.
3. Place your cake on the fridge for about 30 minutes (if it stays longer than that is ok! you're doing this so your cake gets firm and ready to be frosted.
4. In the meantime color one cupcake of buttercream frosting with yellow, another one with orange and a third one with black gels.
5. Fill your pastry bags with the buttercreams. You will have 1 bag with yellow buttercream, and the other two with orange and black respectively.
6. Bring your cake out of the fridge. Covere completely with white vanilla frosting.
7. Cut a wax strip and cover the top of your cake around, leaving a 1.5" to frost with yellow icing (as shown on pic)
8. Now you can cover the bottom of your cake with yellow icing and smoothly do it so all around your cake.
9. Remove wax paper after step 8 and repeat with the orange icing.
10. You will have a cake with yellow, orange and white stripes. To smooth your edges and have a clean cake use your spatula and a damp napkin and go around your cake as needed, cleaning your spatula each time to remove excess icing.
11. Now the fun part, use your pastry bag filled with black icing (cut a small part of the tip or you can use a pastry tip #2or3 will do). Trace lines form one edge to the other to form a spider web.
12. Once your spider web is done...add a spooky spider with your black icing and add a border to your cake too!!
Hope you guys really make this fun cake...and if you do don't forget to share your creations with us on our FB page!!